Discipleship Focused Ministry
Catholic Formation for Teens This Summer:
Catholic Formation for Teens Beginning Fall 2021:
- 9th-12th Discipleship Focused Ministry is not a program. It is a way of living that clarifies our Catholic identity and deepens our love for Jesus. This identity and love for Jesus is the light we carry into the world. A light that takes away the darkness within all those God puts into our path. As disciples of Christ we are called to love, know and serve Him with all our hearts, minds and souls.
- Sessions are held the second and fourth Sundays from 10-11:30am, beginning in September, 2021
- 2021-2022 9th-12th Grade Schedule
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is for students in their junior year of high school. St. Mary's Confirmation will take place on Saturday, March 12 at 10am. Find more information and important dates here.
- A Catholic Formation registration discount of $165 is available to parents who volunteer for every class as a catechist or assists a catechist. Please contact Elizabeth Harrison if interested. Eharrison@stmaryeg.org
"What are you looking for?"
• Jn 1:35-42
It is a question meant for all men of every time and in all places and situations. It is the question put to the two disciples by Jesus. What are you seeking? What is the purpose of your existence? Who are you looking for? As a community, teens are invited to explore their faith and grow in virtue through Christ's teachings.
Love Begins Here
Becoming Disciples of Christ
The Mass: Bishop Barron, Word on Fire Digital
Teen & Parent Resources
Finding Good Friends
Friendship is one of the highest experiences of life. Yet sadly, while most of us have lots of "friends," few of us have the sorts of deep, true friendships we long for. (Studies of Millennials and Gen Z'ers confirm that true friendship is among their most unmet needs.)
So, what is true friendship, and how do we find it? What’s unique about Christian friendship?
Father Mike Schmitz: How to get real friends.
In the latest episode of "The Burrowshire Podcast" my best friend, Fr. Blake, and I discuss:
-- Brandon Vogt