Coach Sportsmanship Pledge
Sports-man-ship - n. conduct (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.
As a coach of an Archdiocese of Milwaukee, I pledge to:
- Display Christian behavior at practices and games.
- Represent my parish and/or school to the very best of my ability.
- Be a positive role model for players, coaches, and spectators.
- Provide encouragement and support for my players.
- Refrain from profanity, racial or ethnic comments, harassment or taunting of players, opponents, coaches, officials and fans.
- Promote good sportsmanship by my players and their family members.
- Take responsibility for my actions.